Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Wow, another Father's Day. First let me start by sending a wish up to my Dad. He could be a complete jerk and we didn't see eye to eye hardly ever from the time I became a teenager until my daughter was born, but he was an amazing Grandpa. Some of the best memories I have of him now are with Spawn.

Speaking of my Spawn, wow what a day today was. She did not want to speak to Vader so we texted him. He couldn't be bothered to answer I guess. When I asked her why she didn't want to call him all she would say is that she didn't want to talk to him because he's mean. Since I can count on one hand the number of times she's seen him this year I didn't push her to call him, she was off the chain enough today without the extra drama of talking to him.

If I didn't have examples of good fathers around me I would be hard pressed to believe they exist. Lucky for me and for Spawn we have some awesome examples. Spawn decided to acknowledge 3 people today for Father's Day, Vader (because she felt she had to), My roomie P because well it's Uncle P and my friend M who like me is a single parent. The last one surprised me but I guess it shouldn't, he's one of those parents. So is P for that matter. They both remind me of that Will Smith line in Men in Black when he puts on the suit and the shades and says "I make this look good." That's both of them. They make it look easy. Now in reality I know it's not easy for either of them and I'm glad to count them among my friends for both mine and Spawn's sake.

So now the day is at a close, and tomorrow is a new day. The start of a new week, hopefully a better one. We have dance and therapy and we'll see what happens. Hopefully not a melt down at therapy again since we have dance after. All I can do now is hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment