Thursday, August 6, 2009

The end of a Dream

I heard that sometimes you need to let go of one dream to make room for others. I guess I haven't heard anything more true lately.

Not to sound too much like MLK but I had a dream, and it was a nice dream. But it was killed. For a while I was able to live that dream and for that I will always be grateful. That short moment in time when everything was as I thought it should be. The moment that was never meant to last. Perhaps it was there to teach me something. I'm still trying to process all that I have discovered from it and the subsequent events that lead me to today.

Now I have to let that dream go completely and the person with it. That hurts most of all because they were so much a part of every aspect of my life for so long that I am having trouble understanding what my life will now be like without them. I do know that in a lot of ways I became a better person because of them. Hopefully we will find our way back to each other someday and able to recapture the friendship that was such a special part of my life.

And so I go on my way, in search perhaps of new dreams.....or perhaps if they happen to find me. Because life doesn't stop when your dreams end, it just demands that you start dreaming over again. Maybe this time, I'll get lucky....After all life is a Cabaret ol chums, so go to the Cabaret.

No comments:

Post a Comment