Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Once upon a time..

Once upon a time, in a land that has no name there lived a group of people. The group of people were friends and they shared their lives daily. The joys, the sorrows and when one of the group was down, the rest of the group stood guard untill they could stand again.

Sounds great right? Sounds like something that we all wish we had in our lives. Well most of us do. I know I do. I have it in more then one form. I have my main group, the tried and true friends that I can call on to help me burry the bodies at 2 in the morning. (Which most recently was my beloved cat Alley when he died) I have my work friends that make it easier to get through the craziness that is my job and those around me. I have some on-line friends some of whom I haven't met all face to face but that doesn't matter. They are there and always just an email, board post or in some cases text away. Our friends give us a place to belong.

I've seen what happens when you have to loose one though. Espically when it means something to you. The lost feeling, the stages of greif that you feel. The tug on you when you come across something that you would have involved that person in and now they aren't there. The massive hole that is left in your life when they are gone. Hated feeling if I ever felt one. I've also seen what happens when new people enter, they help right old wrongs, replace bad memories, give you a new outlook. A new reason to believe, or at least try to...

Lately there has been some reflection on my part of the people in my life and the roles that they play. I've said that friendship is not a spectator sport, sometimes you get tackled. You get out of it what you put into it. More then one of my friends have said that it's not about how we agree it's about how we disagree. I tend to think that they are right. I think it's funny how people come into your life at certian times. Some times they stay, sometimes it's just for a little while, sometimes they go away and come back again but they all leave a lasting impression on you and it's always for a reason. I've learned something from everyone that has touched my life. It hasn't always been good, but then lessons aren't always are they?

Since I know I never say it enough, to my friends that are always there, I love you all dearly. With out you all I wouldn't be who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment